Vice President Mike Pence will travel to Huntsville on Tuesday to chair the fifth meeting of the National Space Council at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center.
Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey is a member of the council, which was reconvened in 2017 soon after President Trump took office.
Pence will speak at noon. The meeting is not open to the public. However, NASA-TV will live-stream the meeting.
Pence will conclude his visit with a tour of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, according to a statement from his office.
The vice president will arrive on Air Force Two in Huntsville earlier Tuesday morning.
Others expected to speak during the day include:
- Gen. Les Lyles, USAF (ret.), former Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force
- Col. Eileen Collins, USAF (ret.), former Shuttle commander
- Dr. Sandy Magnus, former Shuttle astronaut
- Dan Dumbacher, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Dr. Jack Burns, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Wanda Sigur, independent consultant
Get local news delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.